Thursday, October 14

the writing life...

Finished reading Magical Thinking by Augusten Burroughs last night in between listening to the debated on the radio. My favorite essay in the colletion is the first one, Comercial Break about his (not) being in a Tang Commercial as a child. Throughout the book, he was seemlessly able to weave snippets from his crazy childhood into his recovering-alcoholic adult life to his current domestic bliss. That's a skill that I am still working very hard on in my own writing, so I greatly admire his ability to do this.

I'm now reading Another Bullshit Night in Suck City by Nick Flynn and so far it's really, realy gorgeous.

Speaking of my writing, I finally have 4 chapters of my book that I'm pretty happy with. I have set dates for myself and hope to have a draft of a manuscript by March 2005. I don't think this is too unrealistic. I've been getting up at 6 every morning to do a little work before work, so if I can keep that up...

In the meantime, I am awaiting news on a few other projects that are looking pretty good, hopefully I will have news soon.

No comments: