Tuesday, November 9

Sick kitties and computers...

I wish I could figure out how to put pics up on this site.

My friend e-mailed me this quote:
"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents,more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and
glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's
desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright
moron." -- H.L. Mencken (1880 - 1956)

It's funny how things you think can't possibly happen do.

I'm still trying to get over the funk of last week but I'm having a hard time.

This Sunday's Atomic helped - it was a truly stellar night and I left feeling pretty high, like I'd facilitated something really essential. Someone asked me later how I put together such a great show and I said something like, I'm lucky to know so many incredibly talented people. Which is true. A series is only as good as the people you can feature. Afterwards a bunch of us headed to a diner where the french fries and other assorted comfort foods helped too.

Pilates, which I've been taking in Park Slope is keeping me stretchy and relatively healthy although I think I'm getting a little bit of a cold.

I've been working pretty steadily on my book and a few other pieces despite all the craziness. If anything, I feel more determined than ever to get my work done and out there.

In other news Rachel KB has a new Lusty Lady column in the Village Voice this week. Speaking of RKB, check out her new book, Naughty Spanking Stories from A to Z also come to her party on Sunday if you dare. I'm on board as a designated Spanker, and there's free cupcakes...

I'm reading a lot of books, including an awesome draft of my friend Erin's novel and a book I'm reviewing for BUST.

My poor kitty Sabrina is sick. She's 11 and that worries me. She getting a little wobbly and doesn't really run around much anymore. We're going to the VET tomorrow.

My tiny laptop is also sick again - this time the AC adapter crapped out. First it was the DVD player going, then a spate of viruses now I had to buy a new AC cord for $100. All of course after the warranty expired. As cute, tiny and portbale as my laptop is, I'm never buying SHARP again.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Thanks for all the shoutouts! I'm gonna get your t-shirt made either tonight or later in the week, I hope I get a spanking from you too! :)