Tuesday, December 28

other people's work

I'm feeling sick again. I hate this on-again/off-again illness. But I guess that's to be expected with the freezing weather.

Had a busy day but I was able to finish up my YADDO application and I'm going over the pieces for tonight's reading at KGB. I'll be reading other people's work which is always a treat. Personally, I hate hearing someone else read my stuff. I also hate hearing my own voice - there's a lot of self-loathing going on over here - but I think that's pretty common.

I'm glad I got the one application done. Now next week I'll aim to get the others out along with some additional stuff I'm submitting to editors. Starting the New Year off right! I'm pretty on top of things, but lately I feel like I was starting to let things slip, so I'm back on.

Anyway, off to study my lines.

No comments: