Tuesday, January 25

please don't let me be misunderstood...

Just got back from the WYSIWYG reading. The theme was "please don't let me be misunderstood" and the readers were absolutely fantastic. Particularly awesome were Ron Mwangaguhunga who read a story about streaking a formal party at his college and Carolyn Castiglia who rapped in Dutch!

There were bloggers everywhere including Ms. GirlyNYC and Alice Ayers. Afterwards a bunch of us went to a bar on First Avenue. I can't recall the name, but years ago when I lived across the street during my senior year of college,it was called "Downtown Beirut." I'm reading next month for the Spawn of Worst.Sex.Ever. Reading and I'm just finishing up my piece. I don't want to give away too much, but I promise it's truly horrific and embarrassing!

I'm enjoying Eats Shoots and Leaves by Lynn Truss. It's really funny and a good lesson in proper punctuation. I have pitifully poor grammar for someone with two writing degrees so I'm really getting a lot out of it.

No comments: