Monday, August 22

back up

The laptop is still down and there is a good chance that I will not be able to get my data off of it. I'm exhausting my last few options, but will more than likely not have access to my hard drive. I spent most of Saturday afternoon tracking down whatever files I could. All the published stuff, is at least published in hard copies. Some files, including everything for the anthology and my reading series, I had stored on my work computer. And some very old stuff is still on my brother's computer and I have printed copies of most of my recent work. I am missing 2-3 key parts of my book, which I spent some time this weekend attempting to reconstruct. Basically, I need to put everything back together and start over. I still may send the computer in and depending on the estimated cost, I'll either get it fixed or buy a new one.

Either way, the moral of the story is, "BACK UP EVERYTHING!" I think I'm going to buy one of those USB Flash drives and start saving everything NOW.

No comments: