Wednesday, September 14

getting it together

I am so happy to have the next week off of work. Yesterday, I finally set up my "home office" and re-arranged my furniture, my book collection and my files. I have alot of books to sell/donate and I was able to get rid of some stuff. Also got a good amount of writing done.

I'm still down from the breakup but feeling better. I have birthday get-together plans with some good friends on Saturday night so I'm looking forward to that.

Just finished reading Drinking: A Love Story by Caroline Knapp. It's funny, whenever I read books about people going sober, I have the urge to start drinking again. The same thing happened last year when I read Dry by Augusten Burroughs even though I vividly related with much of the alchoholic misery in both books. But don't worry, I won't be drinking anytime soom. January is my five-year anniversary and I don't want to mess that up.

Drinking was an interesting read and Knapp lays out her alcoholism as a love affair that is both long-term and tempestuous.

I am currently reading Against Love by Laura Kipnis, which has me pulling out the highlighter every other page. A fitting title for the moment.

No comments: