Tuesday, April 18

take me away

I got rejected from another colony. Once again, I got the generous, hand-written note from them stating that they loved my work, that I was a finalist and that I should definitely apply again. Certainly nice and encouraging and I very much appreciated their telling me so, but I got the same exact letter around this time last year and it just served to remind me that I've haven't really accomplished much in the last 12 months. It's fabulous to have a great reading series and PVC is turning out to be quite the event, but I feel like I'm going nowhere in the writing department. And I'm beginning to question what the hell I'm doing with my life. Perhaps it's just all the stress of the past few weeks and rejection on both personal and professional levels at the same time is a real bummer.

I applied to a different colony for the fall. If I get into this one, it will be free to attend, unlike the one I blogged about a few weeks ago. I'm not holding my breath, but it would be nice to have some time away in some sort of structured environment.

No comments: