Monday, January 22

Blog for Choice



I'm pro-choice because I don't understand other people trying to force their alleged morality on others. If you oppose abortion, don't have one. It's that simple. Many women JUST DO NOT WANT TO BE PREGNANT OR GIVE BIRTH EVER. Or perhaps they just do not want to be pregnant or give birth at the time they find themselves in that situation. And to me, that's all that matters. End of argument.

As a sober person, I could impose my views on others and try to ban liquor consumption for everyone, but I am not in favor of a return to prohibition. There are times I regret paying all that money for an MFA, but how would one go about shutting down all those graduate creative writing programs? Besides, making abortion illegal will not stop abortions, it will just make life more miserable for more women, which, I think is really at the root of all this. Women + Sex = Justified Punishment.

I've never had an abortion myself, but I'm glad I live in a place where I have access to birth control when I need it. I'm grateful I'm just a few months older than Roe V. Wade and grew up knowing I had the abillity to control my own body.

No comments: