Friday, November 5

WOTW & TGIF

WOTW is the new acronym for Word of the Week. Once again culled from the Merriam Webster Word of the Day e-mails.

This week's word:

wraith \RAYTH\ noun

1 a : the exact likeness of a living person seen usually just before death as an apparition *b : ghost, specter
2 : an insubstantial form or semblance : shadow
3 : a barely visible gaseous or vaporous column


My sentence:

The presence of spirits in the basement of my building is strong as I have been witness to many wraiths working their way around the discarded machinery.

On a completely different note, TGIF. It's been a long week in more ways than one. The job is getting on my nerves and I just had a cursing fit uknowingly in front of a company big wig. I have to learn to curtail my foul mouth. I'm all for free speech but sometimes I just completely go off with the bad words and usually at the most inconvenient/inappropriate times. I was raised in a cursing household. Expletives were my first language.

Anyway, I look forward to a relaxing weekend. I'm going to finish reading Scraping By in the Big Eighties which I am reviewing for BUST and hosting the big night at Atomic and rocking my new haircut (just got it this morning).

No comments: