Friday, December 31

a touch of insomnia

Got up at 5, which is only an hour and a half earlier than normal, but seems sort of weird. Had a bit of a cleaning fit and went through my cabinets and got a bunch of towels and food containers together for my brother to take with him when he moves out on Sunday. Yes, for those of you who have been following this story line, he is moving out.

I watched two movies last night, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind and Monster. Films I missed in the theater. Then I fell asleep. I guess I'm still sort of sick.

Eternal Sunshine was awesome. I'm really intrigued by the idea of memory. Senility runs in my family so I've watched many of my older relatives unable to comprehend who the people around them are, their location or any signifying remembrance of their past life. One or two things will remain, the name of a long lost cousin,the street they lived on when they were five, the smell of their mother's apron. But everything else seems to be wiped out.

Monster was really well done. I'd seen the two Nick Bromfield documentaries on Aileen Wournos and I thought the film really captured her well. What a tragic life.

I just got my payment for my contribution to BLE, and as soon as the check clears, I'm going to donate the money to the Tsunami Relief Fund. This page has a list of different organizations you can donate to.


No comments: