Monday, April 4

Dude, where's my coat?

Just got back from a wonderful evening spent in a breathtaking apartment full of fabulous literary ladies. I talked to so many fascinating women I don't know where to begin.

I did meet the very cool Miss Meghan who has a book called The Perfect Fit out in May. The book is about one of my favorite topics: shoes! I'm hoping for the companion volume on bags.

Also saw Katy Brennan and Meredith Phillips whom I read with at KGB a few weeks ago. Met a fellow Jersey girl, ate a lot of cheese and talked creative shop with so many people my head is swirling. I'm glad I'm not the only one who has trouble submitting work to literary magazines. I had a conversation with two women about how sometimes pressing "SEND" after attaching your finely crafted work and carefully constructing the email cover letter can be so incredibly hard. There's really no reason for it, but it happens and I'm glad now to know I'm not the only one with this issue.

Many, many thanks to Felicia Sullivan and Leigh Newman for getting us all together. It's absolutely vital to be around your fellow creative artists to remind you that what you're doing is indeed important if not necessary.

Despite some pre-party jitters, I only did one idiotic thing (to my knowledge). When I went to get my coat on the way out, I forgot that I switched, in honor of the Spring season, from my winter down coat to my short leather jacket, and was momentarily convinced someone had taken my coat by mistake. After embarassing myself in front of my train companions who were ready to leave already, I found my jacket,which was of course right in front of my face. I put it on and hung my head. Duh! And I don't even drink anymore...

And I was out past 10 again. To nights in a row!

No comments: