Wednesday, September 21

against love

I find it fitting that after recent events, I’ve finally picked up Against Love by Laura Kipnis. The book is not so much against the whirlwind fantasia of romantic and sexual love as it is against our modern constructs of marriage and relationships. It’s really interesting and Kipnis sure has a way with the words. I highly recommend.

On a related note, there’s nothing like being dumped to make you question your judgment in all areas of life. To go from exchanging “I Love You’s” to being kicked to the curb in just a few short weeks really sends the equilibrium spinning and makes you want to bang your head against the wall. But since I own my apartment and would have to pay for the repairs out of pocket, I am not going to do this.

Anyway, my little retreat from reality is almost over and I’m back to work tomorrow. I’ve had an interesting week and a half off being a full-time writer. I’ve written almost 50 pages total and finished two of the “lost” pieces, which I’m really happy about.

No comments: