Monday, September 19

sweet sixteen

I just did the math and since I am so enamored of anniversaries in general, I realized that today is my sixteenth birthday as an adult in NYC. This is, of course, if you don’t count my first 11 birthdays in Staten Island and who wants to count those?

I didn’t do anything particularly special today, got up a bit later than usual, went to my regular for coffee and wrote from 11-4. I’m this close to finishing a piece I’ve been working on for a while – one that was 3/4 done when the Tiny Laptop died, one of the pieces that was lost completely. I’m a lot happier with the way it’s turned out now, so I guess all that computer drama was for something.

Yesterday, I got to spend the day with my nephew – seven weeks old and a total bundle of adorable. My brother and his girlfriend gave me an “Aunt” card from him - I feel official.

I ate two leftover carrot cupcakes for dinner tonight, which were just as delicious as they were on Saturday night. I’m currently simultaneously writing and watching the DVD of the 4th season of Curb Your Enthusiasm which my brother gave me for my birthday.

Still haven’t heard from the most recent ex, post-breakup. But I got a birthday call from my next-to-last ex. So many exes, so little time.

No comments: