Saturday, June 2

Books & Stuff & Stuff

I made it to my first-ever Book Expo America yesterday. Somehow I always wind up missing out on it each year, but thanks to the power of the blogger press pass, I was able to attend. In addition to running into a variety of excellent literary and arty folks, I discovered Skirt! Magazine, a cool women's mag out of South Carolina. Amongst many books and goodies, I picked up a copy of the SMUT Vol. 1 anthology from Nerve, some lip balm, luggage tags, yummy fudge and pecans and enough tote bags to sustain my future as a bag lady.

I also got a copy of Selfish & Perverse by Bob Smith, who I was also fortunate enough to meet and attend his book party last night along with several friends. We all had a great time and it was fun to stay out late, something I haven't done in a while.

No comments: