Wednesday, August 18

Hump Day

Rainy again today. But the sun is starting to come out. Went to see a very funny and well know British poet/comedian last night named John Hegley. He told jokes, sang songs and played a mandolin. Afterwards, we chatted and I gave him one of my chapbooks and he gave me a copy of his book, which I look forward to reading. After the show, we met up with some people at another venue called Underbelly, which apparently is an old vault and is now a multi-level nightclub. It looks like it would be a great place to do ecstacy, if I still did ecstacy, considering all the fluorescent lit winding hallways and tiny rooms to hang out in.

Today's show was great! And again well-attended - I think we may have sold out this one. Which is awesome with the rain and all. I've added a few American jokes (making fun of MY accent, since I'm the one with the accent here, etc.) in my show as little transitions between the pieces and they seem to be working out pretty well. Unfortunately the theatre we're in is really hot and it's getting to be a bit much under the lights. We will survive.

It's a real challenge for me to get up and do the same pieces every day. I always like to do different stuff each time I read, but it's a learning experience. At the very least, I'll have this stuff down by the end of the two weeks performing here!

In other news, I've managed to not catch the germs going around! Yay.

Also, the fabulous Charlotte Cooper interviwed me for the London-based www.rainbownetwork.com about performing at the Fringe. Check it out when you get a chance.

Until tomorrow...

No comments: